> DON'T buy second MD equipment in Japan. There are bargains to be found if your
>friend looks hard enough. Stay out of the major retailers if you're looking for true
>bargains and find small out of town camera shops that also stock audio equipment.
>That's where I always found the best prices like blanks for under $1, a new Sharp
>DC10 for under $30 and Sony and Aiwa players at about $100. I also remember the
>Panasonic MJ7/5 selling for about $150 when I left two years ago.
>
> Edders

A number of years back I read an article in Video magazine about how the Japanese
people don't even bother to fix stuff.  It said that you would be amazed what what you
will find in the trash.  Stuff that looks almost new (some of this stuff might not
even be broken).  In Japan having the latest is very important.

Don't forget, it isn't a country where you can go for weekend rides that are hundreds
of miles, like they do in other countries.  So most people live in small apartments
and if they have a car at all, they are usually small ones.

Larry

Larry