At 9/30/00 5:22 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] increased the world's knowledge by
typing:

>Thankyou for your recommendations so far. I have a few more questions
>regarding direct purchases from Japan. I'm assuming the instructions are
>in Japanese, and since the " know one know them all" application will
>not apply to me ( I've never had experience with a MD player) will these
>instructions be available in English? Are English versions available on
>the web somewhere? My other concern is power.....are Japan-direct models
>110 V compatable, or must a converter be used? Thanks again for your
>guidance.

All the sites I mentioned have instructions in English, but some are
better than others. The Japanese versions of the recorders support both
English and Japanese characters. The printing on the units is in English
and--in the case of the R900--the manual has both Japanese and English
parts. The power adapter that came with my R900 is for 100 volts, but a
transformer was provided (at an extra cost, of course) to allow the unit
to be used in the US.

HTH.

 Ed "What the" Heckman                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]