> I have a Sony MD MZ R 70, and today I have discovered my
> remote control is not working anymore...

The remote is just a resistor ladder.  If you've got an ohmmeter, connect it
to 2 of the pins on the "edge connector" at the end of the remote cable (I
forget which 2, but the other 2 are not connected on the R70 remote).  When
the meter is connected to the proper pins, it will indicate various
resistances when you press keys; the value depends on which key is pressed.
Sounds like your problem is a open circuit.  This test will allow you to
determine if its the remote or the recorder.