Steve Corey wrote:

> I was a die-hard uncompressed PCM DAT fan for years.  When MD's first
> came out, they sounded terrible, so I wrote off the format.  Then a
> person, whose ears I trusted, said that I should really check out the
> new MD's.  I was impressed, and now am the proud owner of a Sony
> MZR-90.  I absolutely love it.  Even though it has its share of annoying
> (endearing?) quirks.

Just be careful of the END SEARCH button. Use it even when you don't
need to, 'cause it will erase your Md faster than you can say bread and
butter.

> If you're looking for fidelity (faithfulness) I havn't come across a
> situation where MD has not been adequate.  I'm new to MD, however, so
> perhaps I'll stumble across something that will trip it up.  'Till then
> I'll happily continue "taping" with my MD.

There was one incident with a certain French horn solo on a Sharp 702
that was reproducible.  However, it disappeared when another instrument
was added to the mix, or a different sequence of notes was played.  Most
people would have missed the artifact if it hadn't been brought to their
attention.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways