My supreme master plan for the next few months/year includes acquiring a
portable MD recorder and I've been thinking outside the Sony/Sharp square
and am considering the Panasonic MR-100.

It's a nice-ish looking unit, and probably on sale to clear somewhere out
there now the MR-200 is out.  Anyone have any feedback/reviews on it?

I'm particularly interested in the recording aspects - it seems to have most
of the features - but how good is Panasonic's recording ATRAC - comparable
to Sony/Sharp?  How well does the level setting work (I understand there's
no AGC or manual level setting - just "high" or "low")?  battery
life/durability?  Or am I better off sticking to a R70/90 or 821/831?  (or a
cheap'n'ugly R37?)

Any reviews on the web (I can't find any except one review through the MD-CP
equipment browser)?

(Yeah, ultimately I'd like a MD-LP capable R900, but I'd rather go with a
model that's been around long enough to have user feedback, and there's no
point forking out the $$$ for an MDLP recorder until I can afford to to
upgrade the car MD headunit (currently Sony 6500) too)!

richard