"Cramb, Kevin" wrote:

> I couldn't agree more, especially the protection aspect, my one year thinks
> that MD's are the best toys and get scattered around the house.  Try that
> with ya shiney discs  ;-)

With the exception of the data compression (OK bit wise reduction) that an MD
has which is a lossy technique (even though for most people it is probably not
audible) the MD beats the CD in every respect.

CD are the "Big Lie".  When they were introduced they told us that they were
indestructible.  But after a day (I'm referring to the early players) you might
have skipping or "sticking".  Get a concentric scratch on a CD and forget it.

MDs are just these happy little discs in their nice little shells.

Larry