Ian Horsey wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'd been worrying for a while about how incredibly quiet the mailing
> list had become over the last three weeks as I had received no
> messages!  So I tried to post the one below and was told I wasn't a
> member anymore!  Is someone trying to tell me something??

> That's strange.  But "regulars" on the list has thinned down to a few
> handfuls of people.  A few years ago there were dozens of posts every
> day.  Now if I get 10 that's a lot.

I think that maybe the smart people finally got a life leaving us e mail
junkies :).  It's a shame.  What the list needs to keep going are new
members.

Does anyone know what happened to Colin B. from Australia?

> Anyway, I remember a while ago someone posting that Stippler had
> stopped selling their SCMS stripper kits, but that another company in
> the Netherlands were selling them.

Sorry, I can't help you with that one.  I can see where you would record
say your own band and then want to make digital copies of the original
analog recording.  But the first copy would be no problem.

After that while you couldn't make a digital copy from the digital copy,
why would you want to?  You are going to experience generation loss.  I
don't know if it would be audible on the first copy, but I'm sure that it
would start to after several.

We have been discussing a high speed CD to MD recorder that will record
at 4X.  If you need multiple copies from your original live recording, a
high speed MD to MD recorder would make more sense to me than an SCMS
stripper.

Just my opinion,
Larry