-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Shawn Lin
Sent: Monday, 6 November 2000 18:46
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD: Tuner-less car MD players

===============BEGIN QUOTE=======================
Pioneer has one, Sony has had a few.  Most needed a head unit to control
it though.
===============END QUOTE=======================

The concept I am talking about is a unit that DOESN'T need to be controlled
by a particular manufacturer's head unit. Rather, it has its own disc
navigation controls on its front panel and has its own sound controls. This
is just like those tape players that I mentioned about in my previous
posting.

The idea is to make it independent of any OEM or aftermarket head unit that
is implemented in the vehicle. One of the best examples for CDs was a CD
player that Radio Shack sold in the late 80s and was also available by some
other dealers under the Sencor brand. This unit had no tuner and had its own
power amplifier and fitted in between an existing head unit and the
speakers.

With regards,

Simon Mackay