At my office, we have several HP 8000 series CD writers and we made several
"coasters" at first with HP media.  We contacted HP Tech support and the
technician recommended Maxell brand CD-R media and we have had no problems
with the HP drives using Maxell Media since then.

# Subject: Re: MD: Speeding
#
#  My daughter once had an HP drive
# that she had to
# return because it would only write to HP discs.
#
# But that's no assurance that an HP disc is good.  I have had
# trouble with HP
# discs in my external HP drive from time to time.
#
# Larry