* James Jarvie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Thu, 16 Nov 2000
| That, obviously, could account for this...except that CDs in played back
| on my Aiwa CD deck - when it works - don't suffer from a lack of highs.

Do you have a good interconnect cable?  Do you have good solder connections
on your deck's line in?  Is it really a line in with high impedance?  Are
you certain that there is no preprocessing going on between the line in and
the amplifier?  Did you turn off bass boost on the MD player and set the
volume to maximum?

If you have some test gear or know someone who does, check the impedance on
the socket on the deck.  It might not be high enough to cause the Sharp
player to cut over to line out.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \