> How is the sound quality of those cassette adapters anyway. Isn't it true
> that cassettes can only playback at 22000 samples per second - wouldn't
this
> drastically affect the playback quality?

I've never heard that said (and it's not true, because cassettes are an
inherently analogue medium wherein analysis in terms of 'samples per second'
isn't valid).  Theoretically, the sound quality of the cassette adapter can
be as good as the original minidisc, but that depends on the quality of the
components (mainly the magnetic head in the adapter and the magnetic head in
the cassette deck). Of course the electronics in the cassette deck play a
significant role.  I have never used a cassette adapter but I would be
__extremely__ suprised if the sound quality was "drastically" bad.  The
sound quality will be MUCH better than if you'd used a cassette in the first
place, and in a car (say) unlikely to sound noticeably worse than a CD
headunit.

Dave