From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On Behalf
Of J. Coon
Sent:   Tuesday, 5 December 2000 11:19
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: MD: Sony lens/head cleaners...

I still say it is best to not use these on a regular basis.  Only use
them just before you have to take it in for repairs, to see if that
clears up the problem.  But hey, it's you equipment and if you damage it
because of excessive cleaner use, who stands to gain from that? So have
at it!

Like I said before, the laser shouldn't touch anything, the head is only
used during recording and not at all during play back. The MD media
doesn't lose it's coating like a tape does, so the only reason to clean
it is if you got some lint in there from carrying it around.