On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> >Has anyone else tried Princo brand MDs? I bought some, since they were so
> >inexpensive, and have had no problems. The only "cheap" part I've found is
>
> Have they plastic or metal shutters. Ive found with some brands
> with the plastic shutteres that they tend sometimes to stick when you
> eject the disk and also sometimes the shutter stays open.

Since I happen to have one with me, I'll check...

I also have a HiSpace MD here too. Both shutters are definitely metal.

The only functional difference I see between them is that HiSpace has an
actual plastic bump to keep the erase-protection space open. Princo
doesn't have the bump, and could theoretically slide closed by accident,
but it seems to stay open okay with just friction.

I haven't had any problems with any brands of MDs yet, but it's only been
6 months of use for my home deck, and 3 months for my portable.