I don't know if the remote that comes with the MD-MS722 works with the
MT15 but I do know that the levels on it can be controlled via remote. The
remote does not show record levels though.

What I do with it is set the level with the unit out so I can watch the
level and get a pretty good idea of what volume makes it peak. After that,
I put the unit away (in my pocket or something) and I keep the recording
level in mind as the show goes on. If it gets louder I lower it, if it
gets softer, I raise it.... This method takes knowing your unit and how it
reacts pretty well, and it takes a short term memory to keep your record
level in your head. I screwed up as I got used to my unit a fair bit, but
now that I know it (over a year old now) I can adjust levels "blindly."

If anyone knows of a remote that is comatible with the 722 and shows
record levels though, I'd love to hear of it!
Thanks. Hope this helps,
Charlie