Just to make sure I own the best possible source of this material to
transfer to MD, I bought three more Cyndi Lauper CD's today.
>From Tower for $9.99 I picked up the 2000 remastered rerelease of the
1983 album She's So Unusual with three extra bonus tracks. I think this
release is significant because it is the only Lauper CD available
currently in the SACD format. I think what Sony is doing is reissuing
their remastered catalog SACD's as CD Reissues as well. This will
probably mean a lot of Sony CD's will be remastered as SACD and better
CD's as Sony tests the SACD marketplace. Since they're going to go to
all that expense to try to make SACD a success, they may as well make CD
releases of those SACD's, right?
>From Amazon.com I bought the CD of Twelve Deadly Cyns...And Then Some
because I can't digitally record the DVD to MD since it is copy
protected. And I also ordered a Best Of Import on a gold disc with a
black cover. There was absolutely no information on it, so it could be
really great or really awful when it arrives-so I took a chance on it. A
two disc Bangles import CD I recently ordered which was the only way to
get the long dance mixes of Walk Like An Egyptian, Manic Monday, etc. on
CD was excellent.

The Eagles Selected Works 1972-1999 is tremendously better production
and sound wise than the original CD reissues of the originally recorded
Eagles CD's. The packaging is cheap, the booklet with it nothing
special, but it shines where it really counts in the musical
remastering.

Just one more example of wanting the best possible copy of something-for
the movie Titanic I initally had the three VCD set, not good. Then I
upgraded to Laser Disc. Then the non anamorphic DVD-good, but not great.
Now I have a High Definition copy on D-VHS tape from HBO HDTV. By far
the best, really better than in most all theaters.

I'll listen to the She's So Unusual remaster and let you know how much
of an improvement it is. If it's anything like The Eagles box set, it
should be way better than the muddy/harsh original recording.