>What I'd like: Sony (or Sharp) needs to release both SCSI and IDE/ATAPI MD
>drives
>that accept the CD-R/CD-RW SCSI command set, and behave just like CDRW
>drives. The drives need to have full read/write capability to MD-Audio,
>MD-Data, and
>MD-Data2/MD-View discs. A USB drive may be an OK alternative, but
>personally I'm still a SCSI fan;

i dont know whether this has been mentioned on the list before but there is
a new 'Compact PC compatible MD deck'(with LP) from sony, the MDSPC3.
it uses USB and a linkup kit is provided. it also has digital input and
output.

details at:
[in japanese]
http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/ProductsPark/Models/New/MDS-PC3_J_1/index.html