>What I'd like
>to do now is to build a database on my computer of all the albums and tracks,

I have an MDS-PC2 connected to my PC.  If you right-click on the MD title window in
the MD Editor 2 program, it allows you
to "Save to CSV".  (I assume the Mcrew program that ships with the 'PC3 has this
function also.)  I've imported the CSV file
into Excel for printing, but I haven't tried any database program yet.  So far as I
can tell, this is the best bet for getting the
titles from the MD to some other program.

One problem:  The time format Sony uses is cannot be read by Excel!  It would be nice
if they used a more standard format.