>Putting it simply, no. The reason for this is because the digital out
spits
>out exactly the same information as what comes into the MD's input
simply
>because it is put through to the digital out directly without any
looping
>through the unit's ADC/DAC circuits. It is unprocessed/untouched.

Using my JE520
If the input is 48Khz or 32Khz  the out put is resampled to 44.1khz,
Don't know it a 44.1Khz input is resampled though.
Sending a 44.1/16bit wav through my 520 (from my computer) and then
recording back in the the computer is causing a wave file with differing
sample values, which leads me to belive the output of the 520 is been
reclocked ie resampled.

also noticed the 520 will accept a "pro" (AES/EBU) format digital
signal, which is output
as S/Pdif format.

--Matt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]