Did you try turning the unit off, and taking the batteries out, and leaving
for 30 seconds to a minute, putting them back in and turning on?  Failing
that, see if there is a 'reset to factory defaults' option in the service
menu (see minidisc.org for details on how to enter the service menu, I can't
remember how or if it can be done on an mzr30)