Hi everyone,
After my question last week, I finally got to try this out!
The CD-R was placed into the MXD-D3 (CD/MD twin deck), and no matter what we
tried, the MD side kept saying "C41 Cannot copy", so it obviously was
picking up the SCMS info. Looking at the manual, it seems there is no way
you can tell the CD or MD side to ignore a digital copy, and revert to an
analogue copy. If anyone knows if this CAN be done, I'd be grateful.
So we then lugged his older Technics CD deck into the same room, and wired
it into the amp, and proceeded to do an analogue copy this way (switching
the input source on the MXD-D3 to 'line' I believe). Fortunately the CD-R
had quiet bits in between each track, so as we had the 'L.Sync' on the MD,
it seemed to pick up the end of each track automatically, and number the MD
accordingly.
All in all, not too bad, but my Dad now has to think if he needs an EXTRA CD
player just for this type of thing, or if there is a way to make the MXD-D3
perform an analogue CD to MD copy internally.
All the best
Martin

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB Group.