>Are you saying that there is an obvious difference in sound quality based
on
>double blind studies where the sound levels have been match to a fraction
of a
>dB or are you saying that because you think there are obvious differences
based
>on your personal listening experience?

    I was making a remark on a personal observation. What I said exactly was
"There is an obvious difference *to me* (especially in my Classical
recordings..)"
    Actually with a lot (but not all) of the music I listen to,I can't tell
the difference. But with a classical recording, I can *easily* tell the
difference between a CD and MD; especially a quiet piece. I can tell the
difference with professional equipment as well as home units.
    The rest of you can debate about the type of testing done, the
conditions of testing and the type of equipment used. I have used
professional studio equipment, and (obviously) own home equipment. No matter
where I am, or the equipment I use I can *personally*, through my own
(perhaps inadequate) listening experiences, hear the difference between a CD
classical and MD classical recording. - And yes - even when both are created
from the same digital master.
    But even so -- I find that the conveniences of MD far outweigh its'
shortcomings. So even for my classical, I'll stick with MD.

Long live MD!! :o)
-Don