> That latest blurb we all received from Minidisco got me to thinking.  Is
> there anyone here in the newsgroup that is in involved with recording MDs
> from MP3s downloaded to their Mac computer ? I am presently achieving this
> process with my Sony Vaio via the superb Sony software; however, despite
> Apple's iTunes, etc., it seems nigh on impossible to achieve with an iMac.
> TIA.

It's really possible!!!

You can get a DG1 adapter from Xitel
< http://www.xitel.com >
This adapter make the sound goes from any player via USB digital transfer.
There is also the AN1 adapter but it transfers via USB with analog
conversion  ( what for me makes no sense at all )

In their site they have a list of compatible players.
Actually this adapters are bundles with the "PC" models of Sony's portables
players, as I know:

MZR-37PC - Comes with AN1
MZR-70PC - Comes with DG1

Both comes with a CD for the PC - MusicMatch Jukebox, which exists for the
mac too, but they say the product is compatible only with a certain Mac's
configuration. Here is the answer I got from them lately about this issue:

> Hi Dionizio,
>
> We do not currently have a Mac retail bundle because the USB audio on Mac
> has yet to be completely standardized. Both the AN1 and DG1 will work on
> Mac systems running OS 9.0.4 with Apple Audio Extension 1.0.5. The AN1 will
> operate as described on our website.
>
> The DG1 auto track marking feature is defeated on Macs, because Mac media
> players spool all the audio tracks and play them as one continuous stream,
> with priming clock data during idle. This ensures that the audio quality
> through a Mac USB port is great, but defeats the track marking feature. In
> order for MD recorders to auto track mark, we will need to ensure that
> there is three seconds of silence between each track through the media
> player program. We're looking into this at the moment, but it's taking
> longer than anticipated because no vendors of software for the Mac are not
> willing to include this feature for us. When we find someone that will, we
> will make a hybrid CD and fully promote Mac compatibility. We just want to
> make sure everything is ready to go before releasing this package into the
> market.
>
> Thanks for your enthusiasm and feedback. We haven't forgotten about the Mac
> community, it's just taking a little longer to get the right software to
> suit the Mac operating system.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ben Davis
> Manager - Audio Products

It's something...

You can get more info about iMac <-> MD in the following links:
( hope they still works ;<)

    http://MacOSPage.MadBee.com/archives/mp3toMD/mp3toMD.html

    http://home.sprintmail.com/~dalegreer/MacMD.html

Best regards,