I have seen many in the Discussion Board regarding cliks, pops, buzzes, etc. when
transfering
PC audio to/from MD.  I've experienced periodic problems myself.  The problem stems
from the
fact that Windows has a very difficult time playing/recording audio without
interruption.   One (or
more) of the MD manufacturers need to realize that current MD hardware exploits this
Windows
weakness, rather than exploiting the MD strength that MD recorders can easily handle
that
interruptiong caused by Windows *if* there was some sort of flow control with the
transfer.
Flow control implies two-way communication, so S/PDIF is the wrong transfer standard,
since it
is one-way and does not contemplate how flow control might be implemented.  A deck with
native USB (not an add-on USB to S/PDIF converter) colud fill the bill.  Sony's MDH-10
did
it with SCSI, though the problems are limited SCSI availability and the MDH-10 needed
to be
modified to allow SCSI access to audio disks.  The first manufacturer to offer a
*good* computer
interface will provide the answer for which many have been serarching for the last
couple years...

[Sorry if this post seems like I'm rehashing what we already know, but apparently the
manufacters
*don't* kown it, yet.  I wonder what it will take before they learn?]