I bought a CD Walkman (I guess "Discman" is passe) last week. It is the
DEJ815.

Does anyone else on this list have this thing, and if so do you have my
problems?

1) the lid, while finely crafted from anodized alluminum, is pretty sloppy.
It doesn't close tight at all. There is a 2mm gap in fact, which makes noise
when the lid closes and opens that final 2mm throughout the day whenever you
push buttons, change the way you hold it, ect. (Goes
click-clack-click-clack) I think it's defective since this is one of the
better portables Sony makes and it seems kind of screwy that such a nice
player would have such sloppy construction.

2) Even though this player is almost unskipable when I actually *try* to
skip it, sometimes for no reason, when it's been sitting on a shelf for an
hour, the music will have about a half second long pause/gap/skip in it for
no aparent reason. I think this is a problem with the ESP because it hasn't
appeared on any of the MDs I have copied with it.

I bought this player to match my blue MZ-R90, and they make great copies
together, but I think I'll have to take it back, which sucks because it was
the last blue one they had at the outlet, and now I'll have to get silver.
Either way both players look really slick so I'm happy.

However if all of these things have this problem then I'll just keep the
blue one.

Chad Gombosi
Member SCP www.scponline.net
Chad's Game Music Page www.chadsgamemusic.com
MP3.com page: www.mp3.com/signofzeta

"Let me explain a couple of things. Time is short. That's the
first thing. For the weasel, Time is a weasel. For the hero,
Time is heroic. For the whore, Time is just another trick.
If you're gentle, your Time is gentle. If you're in a hurry,
Time flies. Time is a servant, if you are its master. Time
is your god, if you are its dog. We are the creators of Time,
the victims of Time, and the killers of Time. Time is timeless.
That's the second thing. You are the clock, Cassiel."

Emit - Far Away So Close