Wait a minute....
admitedly I'm a bit out of tune to the latest and greatest
MD players, and am just starting to look at MDLP, but I
do own an MZ-R50.  Are you people serious? You cannot
change from regular, to shuffle, to repeat play mode without
stopping the disc?

If this is true, I'm never buying one of the newer machines till they
take a few steps backwards and make them work right.

-Jeffrey