is it possible that you need the japanese version of windows to run the
software? Try poking around on the web and seeing if you can download the
dlls that only come with the asian windows packages.
http://www.japansh.com/hintstips.htm has some stuff listed but I didn't
spend a lot of time searching so try at your own risk.

-Jen