MS Outlook and Outlook Express are two different animals, Dave.
In any case I am sure Steve is happy to see his message on the list even
if it is second hand, and I am sure he is glad to see some replies
besides mine.  :)

"David W. Tamkin" wrote:

> I'm deliberately replying from Outlook Express rather than Elm to see if it
> hits me too.
>
> Steve Luckabaugh wrote, in the care of Jim Coon,
>
> | hello all.  this is really strange.  my R50 was working fine until about a
> | week ago when out of the blue, i'm getting no sound IN or OUT of the unit.
> | i pop a disc in, hit play and the display looks fine.  it LOOKS like it's
> | playing the MD perfectly but NO sound comes out through the headphones and
> | no sound out through the line out.
> |
> | i put a blank in and hit record, looks like it's recording fine but  NO
> | SOUND from the LINE in either.  neither of the 3 things work, headphones,
> | line in, line out.  and they all 3 went out at the same time.
>
> Do the level bars seem to register while you record?  Do recordings made in
> the R50 produce a sound when they're played in another machine?
>
> At first I wondered if you had just accidentally set the volume down to
> silence, but that wouldn't affect the line-out.  It could be just the output
> stage (maybe the DAC is shot), so I think the next question is what happens
> when a recording made in the R50 is played in another machine.

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways