Hi,
  I've done a lot of research on the web regarding building a converter circuit for
the SBLive's digital
output into optical, and I've been running into obstacles that I was hoping someone
here might have
already hit. My conclusion is that it's easier with the Value card than the original,
due to the digital I/O
daughterboard blocking the S/PDIF pins on the board!
  I've looked on the board to see if there's a TTL digital output there (I don't think
there is), so it seems
I'll have to use a cable from the back of the digital daughterboard.

  My questions are:

      1) Does anyone know the voltage output by the S/PDIF coaxial connector on the
back of the
daughterboard? I saw somewhere that it was non-standard in that it's 5V, which would
be useful in the
connector circuit (no need for half of the conversion!), though standard S/PDIF is
500mV, which needs
modifying.

      2) Has anyone attempted to do this on a SBLive before? Any tips? Where did you
get your
components and what circuit did you use?

I have researched buying a separate board from places like Hoontech, but I'm in the UK
so I don't know
if there are many distributors nearby, and I'm also a student, so 20-40 UKP is still a
lot of money to me.
So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
  Rich