Leon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The R500, R700 and R900 have different features.
>
> According to MDCP, the R700 doesn't have (when compared to the R900):
> - - joint text
> - - date/time stamp
> - - LCD on remote
> - - personal disc memory.
>
> On top of that, the R500 doesn't have:
> - - mic input
> - - remote control
>
> The R700 and the R500 use AA batteries, no gumpacks. They are MDLP capable
> according to MDCP data entries.

If anyone owns an MZ-R700 or MZ-R500 and can give a careful rundown of
features they are missing when compared with the MZ-R900 (perhaps by
having a look at the respective manuals), I'd be happy to add them to
the Equipment Browser.

In particular I'd like to know whether the MZ-R700/500:

o will display Remaining Recording Time
o really don't have date-time stamp
o have playback speed control
o have sound-1 and sound-2 presets
o have digital rec-level control
o have playback speed control

I'm also still looking for manuals for the MZ-R700 and MZ-R500 units.

Thanks,
Rick

p.s. I found that RadarCity.com is selling the MZ-R500 (a new-for-2001
model) for $130+$10 shipping. This is getting pretty close to the $100
MD recorder. It's taken nearly 10 years from MD's launch (well, the
dollar has lost value in that time too!)