I've got to agree with Leon; the indicator is unpredictable.

I just always carry the AA case with a fresh alkaline in it. Just in case...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Leon
Sent: 14 April 2001 20:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD: comparing sony mzr55 w/sharp 702/722

My point is that the battery indicator is very unpredictable.  It fluctuates
with the power on/off of the spindle, the read/write action, and many other
things.  The indicator can blink for light years while it manages to record,
or appear to have 1/4 and suddenly run out.

Compare it to any Panasonic and you'll see what I mean.

Leon