Las wrote...

>It's been very quiet around here lately, so either this is going to
>be one more boring post or stir some controversy.  I suppose that MD
>could stand for "Miracle that it Died".

        Hmmm, as I never get tired of repeating (being a smug Brit), MD is
*huge* more-or-less everywhere other than the US. MD hasn't died, and
neither is it about to. Its just that unlike the rest of the world,
Americans (with a few enlightened exceptions) seem unable to grasp a
good thing when they see it. As I've said before, in the UK I don't
know *anyone* who owns an MP3 player, and I've only ever actually
seen *one person* using one. In contrast MD players are absolutely
everywhere. I think a somewhat less US-centric view needs to be taken
when looking at the market.

        Robin.