On Thu, 3 May 2001, Timothy Stockman wrote:

> a "mainstream" format.  Second is lack of promotion.  While I would like to see
> better integration between MD and PC, I do not believe it would make any
> difference to the average consumer.

Can anyone explain why the MD hasn't been developed and promoted as a very
general data format?  I would have thought it could simultaneously rival
recordable CD (and beat others) for direct audio; plus e.g. vs zip disk
for data transfer;  and not least as a MP3 holder, too.  All with the same
disk and equipment, and computer linkable - this would surely attract the
average consumer...

        Edwin