They should all be 3.6V.  The more mAH the better.  I think the original
was 1200 or 1300.  The 1550 mAH would run the R30 twice as long as the
800 mAH.

mAH BTW, stands for milliAmpereHours.

Gregory Bogert wrote:

> Dear listers,
> The rechargeable battery in my MZ-R30 doesn't recharge any more. I have been
> searching for a replacement and I'm finding it very confusing.
> The battery in my md states 3.6V/1200mAH
> The replacements I managed to find states 3.6V/800mAH
> or in one case;  Replace Sony LIP-12 Li-ion, 3.6V. 1550mAh
> Does the different mAH numbers affect performance?
> And does anyone have suggestions for the best place to purchace the batteries.
> Thank you for all your help.
> Greg Bogert

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways