Hi Joep,

"Berkel, J.J.B.N.v." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The manual says that is does have an optical output.

The manual's a good indicator. I also look for a white output jack,
that's how I quickly check to see whether a CD player has optical out.

A lot of folks have given good advice. If you don't see red out of an
optical cable plugged into that white jack when the unit is playing a
CD and running off AC mains, then I'd say your optical output is
broken.

Rick