Stuart Howlette wrote:

> Right, you've probably tried this, but make sure a CD is playing, and if it
> is and you still get din unlock, then you need to go into the settings and
> change the audio output to PCM bitstream, what CD's and MD's work at.
>
> Stuart Howlette

I'm very impressed that someone thought of that so soon.  DVD players can be a
real pain when you are using the digital outputs.  I've had DVDs where the sound
settings required doing going to different areas (e.g.. one was on the set up
menu of the player, one I had to go to a specific section of the DVD and still
another I had to press the "audio" button on the remote) to get sound using the
digital output.

Of course that was on the Apex brand DVD player.  I've been told that the drive
in those is actually an IDE computer drive and that's how they are capable of
reading MP3 files.

Larry