* Mike Hooker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Sat, 26 May 2001
|     i would like for anyone interested to grab these files from me and give
| them a listen. those really in the know can do spectrum analysis and what
| ever else is available to do this kind of comparison besides the ears.

What purpose will this serve?  None at all.  We allready know that the
waveforms will be slightly different because the algorithms and reduction
rate are different.  But if your ears cannot tell the difference -- which
is the entire point of Sony's continuing improvements to ATRACT -- then
there is no point in making such comparisions.

To make a visual analogy, nobody bothers with making bitwise comparisions
between the uncompresssed TIFF scan with the 90% JPEG that is 1/10th the
size because humans cannot see the difference.  JPEGs are for human
consumption, not machines.

Likewise, MD and DAT are for human consumption, not machines.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Warning: pregnant women, the elderly, and
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ children under 10 should avoid prolonged