On 23 May 2001, at 22:59, Danny-K wrote:

> the first card hasn't got those two black things which are the toslink
> optical?  i like the first card, but i want to make sure it has the proper
> inputs before i buy it.  my optical out source will be the pioneer MJ-17D
> with optical out.  does anyone here know if the card shown in link #1 will
> have the optical input i need.

The answer is on that first page :)

"The DiO 2448 has both coaxial and optical inputs and outputs making it
very flexible for use with every digital audio device that's available. The
Audiophile 2496 card only has coaxial input and output, lacks optical
I/O, but provides a MIDI port for interfacing MIDI-equipped musical
instrument equipment"

So, no, it doesn't have optical in/out.

Josh