This one has good response and it won't break your budget.

http://www.tir.com/~liteways/Mandolin.html#Microphone

(If the page  doesn't show up, click on the browser stop button.  One of
the graphics seems to not load right.)

Danny-K wrote:

> Hello all-
>
> I finally bought a portable minidisc recorder (R50) which I hope to use for
> sampling.
>
> I went over to radio shack today to look at microphones, and I was not very
> impressed.  Their response range was from 70 to around 11,000 hz.  Is this
> the best I can expect for microphones with 1/8" jacks?  Are there places
> that sell better mics?  If you know, please do tell.

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways