Probably not, but you don't say how you originally recorded the material.
If it's a copy of a CD, with a compatible CD player with opticial digital
out, you can set the player to Sync and it will put the track marks in
exactly the right places using the track information in the SPDIF signal.
Cool huh?

Otherwise, for example if it's a live recording which you later want to
split into tracks, you'll have to go with the pause-then-track-mark method.