it probably can, but Firewire has all of the stuff in place. but then again so do USB
CD-R's

its probably a bit different going to solid state MP3 players since all your doing is
dumping a file, here you would need to turn the mp3 audio into a viable digital
source(like the PCLink or Xitel stuff does through sound card type api's) then the
digital source goes into the MD player which converts it to ATRAC and writes it to
disc.

marc