A bit off topic, as Minidisc is only the last link in the chain:

I have loads of old recordings on my pc as MP3s at low bit rates (Old radio
shows in mono etc) that I want to transfer to minidisc. The quantity
involved makes it impractical to burn them as audio onto CD-R or CD-RW.  As
my DVD player can play MP3s from CD-RWs (i.e. data CDs), the best solution
seems to be to burn them onto CD-RW as MP3s. The problem is that my DVD
player only plays MP3s that are to the ISO standard (MPEG1 layer 3, 44.1kHz
16 bit stereo). Can anyone suggest some software that will convert my old
MP3s to the standard bitrate etc. I've experimented with the MP3 output
plugin for WinAmp, but that doesn't work for this application.

Jim Day