> Whats up with this? I know ita off topic.
> I have Windows 2000 SP2, and whenever I install the SB
> Live! Platinum 5.1+, my computer freezes. What gives?

Did you just buy the SB Live?  If so, I'd suggest you
return it and get a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz or some
other card.

There seem to be random issues with the SB Live and
Win2k... some people have no problems, others (like you)
get lockups.

If you can't/don't want to return it, I would recommend
NOT installing Liveware (just install the driver)

HTH,
JT