Can you help me decide what type of MD player I should purchase?  I've gone
through 2 Sony MD players so far.  THe first one was a MZ-R30 or 33 (I can't
remember, but it was a big one) and it broke when i dropped it on the floor
twice.  The second one was a MZ-R55 and the battery doesn't recharge anymore.
 I'm looking at Panasonics and Sharps right now.  I don't think I want to
purchase another Sony after my bad experiences with them.  The following are
some basic characteristics I'm looking for in the walkman:

-Must have MDLP playing ability
-Panasonic or SHarp (although if there is another brand that has the walkman
with the characteristics I'm looking for, I may change my mind)
-durabilty (must not break after a few drops)
-sound (must have decent volume, the MZR55 I have does nto play music loud
enough)
-size (small, the thinner and ligheter the better)
-backlit remote
-decent amount of battery life (preferably at least 10 hours)
-doesn't matter if it has recording ability (although recording ability would
be nice)
-one button MD eject ( i think only panasonic has this feature but I could be
wrong. )--this is not a necessary quality I'm looking for but it's an added
plus of the walkman has this feature
-price: $250 or less...i'm planning to have a friend purchase this walkman in
Japan...so hopefully it'll be cheaper there

Well please email me with any words of wisdom you may have for my situation.
Thanks!

shiaojay

[EMAIL PROTECTED]