Hi all,

I just followed the dig. soundcard treads in the past and saw that
there are some very experts here on the list. Maybe you can help me
with this off-topic question:

I have an Roland VSR-880 which is an 8 track harddisk recoding device.
It has an S/PDIF optical output and also a digital chinch output
(would prefer to use the optical). Now I want to connect the Roland to
my computer and upload the 8-track recordings to manipulate it on the
PC (use Win98 and WinNT 4.0). As far as the docu said the 880 presents
every 8 tracks on its digital output.

Is that possible at all?
Which soundcard do I need to get all 8 tracks at the same time
uploaded to my soundprogram?
Is that possible with every card?
What are the technical requirements of an appropriate card?
There are a lot of multi-track soundprograms out there, I assume that
every program that can handle multipe tracks is able to handle the
input, right?
Can anybody give me some advice where to find information about that
(other mailinglist/webpage...)?

You can also contact me directly to reduce the MD-off-topic part on
the list to a minimum if you want.

I hope it's clear what I'm asking (poor english, I'm german).

Thanks alot in advance,
Gerhard

--
Knez Gerhard