JT wrote:

> >Freecom is targeting this user group to meet their demand for
> >innovative, practical and cost effective ways to listen to MP3 music.
>
> Maybe it's already been said (I don't keep up all the time 8), but buying another
>portable player that I won't be able to play 95% of my CDs on, and for which blank
>CDRs are twice the price, doesn't seem too cost-effective to me.

The mini CD seems like a dumb idea to me.  But there is a huge base of burners and
players out there (actually if you want to play MP3 files, not that many models are
available).

I still say, if they can make an MD player capable of reading both ATRAC and MP3 (with
an input from a USB port to a jack on the recorder capable of reading and recording
MP3 files).

At the present all MD recorders are only capable of reading uncompressed PCM.

If an MD can store 140 MB, that would be over 40 songs if each song was an average of
3 MB.  Also, if each song averaged 3 minutes, that would be 2 hours + of music.

If it ever really happens, maybe Net MD (Sony spells it as 2 separate words) will fill
the gap.

Las