I have just bought the same unit as my first venture into the world of
minidisc. I have been really happy with it so far on SP and on LP2 but I
haven't tried the LP4 yet!

The worst thing I have found is recording stuff - a friend at work
happens
to have his home computer in at the moment so I played briefly with his
optical out on the SB platinum soundcard - then I found out how much it
cost!

I am looking into the Zoltrik Sound card as the cheapest optical out
solution I have seen. Does anyone have any comment on this? Nightingale
think its called. I would love to be able to do all the track info
easilly
as I am not into with this SMS text generation. Does anyone know any
other ways of getting digital out of their computers though - like where
can get some kind of cheap USB to mindisc link. Then I can syncro record
and
get the track marks right as well! There is a special offer on the
pcluk5 unit at the moment ( http://www.pcluk5.com ) but I dont think
that I can get that - even so it apprently only uses an analogue out
from the PC soundcard and there is no facility for data out so it seems
a  bit of a fudge to me!

Great machine though!

Nick Barton