> On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 10:17:23PM -0400, las wrote:
>
> If I remember correctly the device to link a portable MD
> recorder to a PC uses USB. But aside from the faster
> transmission rates, much of the hype about USB was bull.  Have
> you ever tried to get the USB port to work with a printer?

I have the following USB devices all working at the same time ..

Epson 880 printer
Canon DU660 Scanner
USB IrDa port
ActLabs Force RS steering wheel

On Win98se without any problems.

(NB:  I have read about problems with USB audio, glitches
and dropouts when the CPU/Bus is put under extreme loads)

Cheers  GuyC