Seeing the announcement of NetMD really makes me wonder...

Having owned the new Sony Clie, I can say with all certainty that the
current versions of OpenMG Jukebox don't allow for anything above the 132
kbps ATRAC3 format, and that was with version 2.1... so is version 2.2
(which is what was announced with the MZ-N1) going to add the codec/encoder
for the standard 292 kbps ATRAC?  I really doubt that personally...

So unless I'm missing something, it looks like NetMD transfers may be
limited to LP2 and LP4... although I wonder if NetMD will allow transfers at
the 105 kbps bitrate (since the OpenMG Jukebox did have that)?  "LP3"
anybody?

Not that we'll know for sure in December anyway.

--Brian Youn
The University of Texas at Austin alum
[EMAIL PROTECTED]