On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, J. Coon wrote:

> It isn't the mike that overloads. THe R70 doesn't have a mike
> sensitivity switch so the R70 overloads.  You should still be able to
> record just fine by manually setting the record level lower, but you
> will have problems if you want to use the automatic record level
> function that is the default record mode.

Are you sure? Once I tried to record a live concert and no matter how low
I set the recording level, the recorded sound was always distorted.
That's what brought me to the conclusion that it was indeed the mike that
overloaded and I was going to try the same thing with a different mike -
but haven't gotten so far yet.

  D.