I was asked to share how I made the MD to PD link...

I was starting to think that maybe it was so obvious to everyone else that
it wasn't even worth comment.

OK, I started figuring after a while that if I had a stereo cable (as
compared to mono) with a male end on each side then I could plug one end
into the mic connection of the computer and plug the other end into the
headphones of the minidisc player/recorder. I tested this out by recording
onto the sound recorder that comes with windows ME  (start > programs >
accessories > sound recorder) at first this didn't work and a friend more
computer literate than myself came over and what he did was right click on
the yellow speaker icon on the right side of the program bar along the
botton right of the screen > Adjust Audio Properites > make sure all the
settings are set for your sound card, then close.

Then right click again on yellow speaker icon > go to open volume controls >
Click Options > then click properties > then is the "show volume controls"
then click box for microphone and then, looking at the volume controls
unclick 'mute' on the microphone. (NOW, this was all done on my lap top.
When I just now did the same thing on my desk top I got a lot of feed back
because I have a mike hooked up right now for video confrencing and went
ahead and muted it but the recorder still works.)

So, I think that is everything as far as making sure your computer recorder
via the mic is working.

Next, assuming you have some sort of audio editor like COOL EDIT or GOLDWAVE
or CAKEWALK or SOUND FORGE or something like that you can open the program
then click on FILE  > NEW. This will open a new window in your program. Then
(assuming your all plugged in with your MD player and a disc with something
on it) Start RECORD on your audio editor and then you start PLAY on the MD
player and what would be going to your head set starts recording on your
computer.

If you or anyone on the list knows better or other ways to upload to the
computer from the minidisc I would love to hear it also. I only have about a
total of 2 hours of minidisc experience so far. Like I say, I just bought
the thing so I am still wrapping my mind around this new-to-me technology.

Cecil Touchon
http://ipdg.org/massurrealist/